Musical Monday: Il Divo & Celine Dion

I Believe In You




Just within the past week, I've discovered Simon Cowell's super boy band, Il Divo. I'm not exactly sure what they are. They're not a boy band. They're not a backup band to Barbra Streisand or Celine Dion, they're not pop, they're not rock, and they're certainly not opera or classical. I guess whatever class you put Josh Groban, Sarah Brightman, Andrea Bocelli, Celine Dion, Barbra Streisand in you'll put these four talented guys in as well.

In any case, I purchased their latest CD, The Promise on my way home from North Carolina for Thanksgiving in Detroit and I was so impressed I had to stop and pick up their previous CDs. Each of the four men who make up Il Divo have incredible voices, but the power they display when all four are singing together at the crescendo of a song is spine-chilling.

Some of you have already noticed this in your votes for them on my recent post: Battle of the Boy Bands--Carol. But I don't think any of their music is as representative of their power and musicality as this duet with Celine Dion: I Believe In You.

Watch it. Listen to it. Comment on it. And if you agree, there's still time to change your vote on the Battle of the Boy Bands post before I announce a winner after I return to North Carolina on Friday.

Thanks for reading.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I just snapped out of a senior prom night flashback.

Some nice voices in there.

December 01, 2008 11:21 AM
The Fitness Diva said...

What beautiful voices! And not too bad on the eyes, either! ;)

December 01, 2008 9:50 PM
Ken Armstrong said...

Not my faves I'm afraid. They seem to get by on doing foreign language versions of pop tunes and it all seems a bit easy. They can sing, certainly but I'm a bit more old-fashioned with my tenors and baritones and stuff.

'Saw Pavarotti once, he sang quite well :)

December 02, 2008 3:24 PM
tashabud said...

I agree with you, Matt, their voice as a group in this song with Celine Dion is spine-chilling. They do have a very powerful voice. But, I have to still vote for the Backstreet Boys to break a tie in my first vote. I say Backstreet Boys because I've listened to them longer and I could listen to their music all the time and not get sick of it.

For 11 Divo, it's true that I admire their mature, sophisticated, powerful, operatic, spine-chilling, and breath-taking voice, I have not listened to them before until now. Additionally, I don't think that I can listen to them forever like I could with the Backstreet Boys. I might have to put 11 Divo in my Christmas wish list to find out.

Tasha

December 07, 2008 2:26 PM

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for commenting on this post! I appreciate my readers very much and value their feedback. Please leave your email address and URL so I can respond to you personally. Thanks and have an awesome day!

 
ss_blog_claim=ffdbcb688282b1bf14639c34170ec1fe