Pulsar Award

Photobucket

Every once in a while you come across an individual who is friendly, kind, supportive, witty, intelligent, humorous...pretty much just an all-around great person. In the blogosphere, people like that are harder to find because your interactions with him or her are usually completely online. Online it's even harder to be warm and friendly and to make a lasting impression. But that's not the case for Roxy of Roxiticus Desperate Housewives. I met Roxy, or Bree as she is affectionately known on her DH blog, after she was a little disheartened from a losing streak in Blog Explosion Battle of the blogs. I had a few words to cheer her up. After all, losing a round or two or three in Battle of the Blogs is NOT the end of the world. From the day we first exchanged comments and emails she's been warm, friendly, caring, helpful, and a bit of a mentor in new blog promotion tools and networks and overall the kind of person just in general that this world needs more of.

Every day we hear about so much negativity in the world, in our nation, in our neighborhoods. Negativity is amplified on the internet as news instantly travels the globe. That being said, it's so important to find the beauty and the brightness and the lights of hope that are out there.

A pulsar is a brilliant flashing star in the sky. The Pulsar Award honors those who add a bit of brightness to life. If bloggers everywhere can find pulsars, other beacons of hope and friendship and display them on their blogs, then we all can make this world a better place together.

There are beacons of light out there to guide us in the darkness. Pulsar Honorees are one more beacon of light.

Thank you, Roxy, for being a pulsar!

Thanks for reading.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Matt, I am so honored! We're expecting a foot of snow here in the Roxiticus Valley, so the girls' school was called off, but the snow hasn't started yet. I was just sitting here in my jammies when my Google sidebar told me you had a new post... and wow! It's all about me!

I agree with you that there is just too much negativity out there in the world, so I try to avoid blogging about it without sticking my head in the sand.

Thank you, thank you, thank you... I shall try to live up to being a pulsar.

Happy, happy holidays to you and your family.

Roxy

December 19, 2008 9:37 AM
Ken Armstrong said...

Roxy *is* a Pulsar. Well done!

You should give yourself one too Matt... perhaps I need to rephrase that? :)

December 20, 2008 2:00 PM
Amy Lilley Designs said...

Congrats to Roxi for the Pulsar. It REALLY is something...I agree w/ Ken, you should have one too Matt...but ahhh, maybe, I'll surprise you one fine day...

Happy Holidays Roxi!!!

December 20, 2008 5:51 PM
Anonymous said...

Thanks again Matt, and thanks Ken and Amy for validating my Pulsar status.

I agree, Matt really is a point of light among us here in the blogosphere... I hereby bestow a Reverse Pulsar upon ye.

All the best,
Roxy

December 20, 2008 8:38 PM
Anonymous said...

I agree Matt, Roxy Rawks!
Although I may not comment often, I do visit & follow both your blogs.

Roxy is always an inspiration and I thoroughly enjoy her story-telling style of writing ~ always up-beat & drawing you into her world!

Congrats Roxy!

December 21, 2008 12:14 AM
Anonymous said...

Hi Matthew,

I wish you Yuletide Joy and A Blessed New Year together with your family.

Happy Holidays!

December 21, 2008 12:15 AM
Mariuca said...

Congrats to Roxy, I can imagine her thrill at being selected for a special award from u Matt! :)

I met Roxy through her BE post on her BOTB loss as well btw! :)

December 22, 2008 3:09 PM
Mariuca said...

I also want to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas matt. Enjoy ur holiday! :):):)

December 22, 2008 3:10 PM

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for commenting on this post! I appreciate my readers very much and value their feedback. Please leave your email address and URL so I can respond to you personally. Thanks and have an awesome day!

 
ss_blog_claim=ffdbcb688282b1bf14639c34170ec1fe