Omoma Coffee

Photobucket

It's not good enough anymore to have a great product. You have to get the word out. Which is why I'm doubly pleased to be able to make this post. Most of my readers know that I love 100% Kona Coffee. I drink it. I write about it. I make updates on facebook on looking forward to brewing it. Well if you brag about something long enough, others will take notice, and that is exactly what Jennifer Araten-Castillo from Omoma Coffee did.

Jennifer saw one of my postings and asked me if I've ever had Omoma Coffee from El Salvador. And I hadn't. We began a give and take comparing and contrasting the coffee from El Salvador with my beloved Kona. Jennifer did a great sales job and I was intrigued. So I asked her if she would send me a sample. Jennifer did better than that, she sent me a gift package with a pound of Omoma Dark Roast, an Omoma Coffee Mug with ceramic spoon, and two Nonni's Dark Chocolate Biscotti in a box filled with raffia. The coffee arrived Wednesday afternoon and I couldn't wait to brew my first pot Thursday morning.

Photobucket

But first I had to grind it. As I was grinding the dark roasted beans of 100% rich Arabica from the Araten-Castillo family fincas in El Salvador, I knew I was in for a treat. The coffee had an even richer aroma than the Kona I'm accustomed to. Of course, I was grinding the El Salvador beans myself whereas I usually buy ground Kona, but still.

I carefully measured out enough ground coffee for a full pot, and as it brewed, I visited the Omoma Coffee website to learn a little bit more about this El Salvador mountain bean.

Photobucket
El Salvador has always embodied the three key ingredients in making the best cup of coffee in the world: rich soil, high altitude, and the perfect climate. The world famous Pacamara (strictly high grown) bean, which is the staple crop of Omoma Coffee, is known internationally for its bold yet well balanced flavor. The coffee of El Salvador bears a full-bodied intensity that is unparalleled. The distinct flavors of the country exceed the highest standards around the world, and is often compared to Hawaiian Kona and Jamaican Blue Mountain. Thus, Omoma has become synonymous with true coffee sophistication. With a rich history of producing coffee since the country's earliest beginnings, El Salvador continues to be one of the world's greatest producers of premium grade 100% Arabica coffee.
Well who knew? I sure didn't. And now it was the moment of truth. I promised Jennifer I would write a review of the Omoma coffee, and because of her awesome customer service, her reaching out to me, and her generous gift, I was hoping my review would be favorable. And as it turns out, it is.

Photobucket

The Omoma Dark Roast compares exceptionally well to Kona in every category. The differences are subtle, yet still noticeable. The Dark Roast is only a small fraction more bitter than Kona, and maybe just a small fraction more acidic. But it is so flavorful, so rich, so aromatic, so full-bodied it was a real treat yesterday morning to drink my first cup black and to let the dark chocolate biscotti soak that richness in. And the best part, when you go to order the Omoma Coffee on their website, is that a pound of the El Salvador bean is less than half the price of a pound of Kona.

That's right. Kona flavor and quality at less than half the price. How cool is that? You can reach Omoma at 866-694-0230 and/or find them on the web at http://www.omomacoffee.com.

Thank you Jennifer, and thanks for reading.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey people

I found an SWEET site last night when I was surfing with my boyfriend. Check out this [url=http://www.girlsteachguys.com/PlayVideo.aspx?LiveClip=54][b] Sex Positions [/b][/url] Video I found there.

Hope this helps folks here wanting to try something new… LOL

Enjoy

Janice

March 12, 2010 2:58 PM
Anonymous said...

Hi Folks
I've been around here for a while now, and I finally found something worth writing about: I found This interesting resource on [url=http://html2rss.com/rss.php?id=235770[b]Buy Entertainment Center & TV Stands [/b][/url].
Check them out I highly recommend

March 17, 2010 1:34 AM

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for commenting on this post! I appreciate my readers very much and value their feedback. Please leave your email address and URL so I can respond to you personally. Thanks and have an awesome day!

 
ss_blog_claim=ffdbcb688282b1bf14639c34170ec1fe