Dedication Friday: Touched By The Sun

Pick a song, any song, and dedicate it to the one you love...or hate, or despise or admire, or anything at all. Just dedicate a song, give a reason why, publish the song lyrics if you want, and join the autoscript. If you'd like to be included in the Dedication Friday Blogroll, just post a comment on MTMD and I'll add you. Thanks and have fun!

Please, only add your name if you are posting the Dedication Friday Meme on your blog.



This week I would like to dedicate Carly Simon's Touched By The Sun to my new renter, B fron All-Night.Org. B has a pretty detailed description in her bio on her site. I'll just copy it here:

So you wanna know a little about me? You've found the right place. Let's start off with the easy stuff. My name is Barbara but I go by B. One reason is I'm lazy and B is easy to type. Another reason is my 1st and last name combined is way too many letters to sign on anything. I sign my checks and anything else I need to sign with B then my last name. Interesting eh? Not really but oh well. I'm 21 years old and my birthday is December 4th. I'm around 5ft tall, have blue eyes and my natural hair color is dark brown. As of right now it's dyed black. I currently have 2 tattoos and my naval peirced.

I'm from Baltimore, MD where I still live with my parents. This year will be my parents 25th Anniversary. I only have one sister, Angela. She's younger and 17 years old. We all live together along with my dog Wolf. He's an Alaskian Spitz mix. Mixed with what? We have no idea.

I graduted from high school in 2000 and attended a local community college for about 1 1/2 years. My major was going to be Vet Tech but I have a problem with math (I suck at it) and since I had problems passing those classes I couldn't move on in the vet classes. I then switched to English. No, not because I want to be a teacher but because I wanted to be a journalist. Primarly in sports I hope or entertainment. Right now I'm not in school but I work full time as a receptionist at a local area car dealer. I've been there for about 3 years now and love my job.

For fun I enjoy sports, concerts and traveling. My favorite teams are the Baltimore Orioles and Baltimore Ravens of course. Gotta support the home teams. I watch NASCAR too and every Sunday I can be found rooting on Dale Earnhardt Jr. I've been to one NASCAR race thus far and numerous baseball games. I've only attended one football game. I love attending concerts. Those for me are my nights out. You can find a list of all the concerts I've attended in this section. I try and go to one or two a year but it all depends on who's touring. I don't go just to go. I've seen groups like Nsync and country artists like Kenny Chesney. I try to cover the music spectrum. I enjoy traveling too. I've really started to travel more the last couple years. I've been to Orlando, Chicago and Miami twice along with New York City. My dream would be to one day to visit Australia.


The thing about B's blog, however, is that it runs the gamut from news stories regarding animal cruelty to personal items such as lasik surgery. Eclectic, yes. Well-written, absolutely. Interesting? Always.

So click on the link on the top of the sidebar and visit B. And B, here's your dedication:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Touched By The Sun

If you want to be brave
And reach for the top of the sky
And the farthest point on the horizon
Do you know who you'll meet there
Great soldiers and seafarers,
Artists and dreamers
Who need to be close, close to the light
They need to be in danger of burning by fire
And I, I want to get there
I, I want to be one
One who is touched by the sun,
One who is touched by the sun

Often I want to walk
The safe side of the street
And lull myself to sleep
And dull my pain
But deep down inside I know
I've got to learn from the greats,
Earn my right to be living,
Let my wings of desire
Soar over the night
I need to let them say
"She must have been mad"
And I, I want to get there
I, I want to be one
One who is touched by the sun,
One who is touched by the sun

I've got to learn from the greats,
Earn my right to be living,
With every breath that I take,
Every heartbeat
And I, I want to get there
I, I want to be one, One who is touched by the sun,
One who is touched by the sun.


Thanks for reading.

5 comments:

Michele said...

I dedicate a song by
Freda Payne to our troops.
"Bring the Boys home"

May 20, 2006 3:09 PM
Maritza said...

I dedicate "Barnacle Bill The Sailor" to everyone that has a pegleg.

May 20, 2006 8:55 PM
Michele said...

Is there a new game that i
don't know about,where's matt?

May 25, 2006 1:13 PM
Shelly said...

Hey there. Just dropping in to see where you have gone!

May 26, 2006 11:00 PM
"Jet" said...

Hey... been awhile. How have you been!! Miss seeing you around!

XXOO,
JTL

May 28, 2006 11:58 PM

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for commenting on this post! I appreciate my readers very much and value their feedback. Please leave your email address and URL so I can respond to you personally. Thanks and have an awesome day!

 
ss_blog_claim=ffdbcb688282b1bf14639c34170ec1fe