Feeling Humble...The General

Every once in a while, most of us need a reminder of our place in the general order of things. I recently came across a picture that was taken seven years ago of myself standing in front of the General Sherman Giant Sequoia Tree, which is the world's largest and living thing, and one of the oldest. I remember feeling rather small and insignificant next to that tree. It's not that people are small and insignificant. But every once in a while, we need a subtle reminder to keep it all in perspective.

Photobucket


Thanks for reading.

Technorati Tags:, ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

4 comments:

Erin said...

Thanks Matt - you too!

March 19, 2008 11:28 AM
Lucky Lady said...

I don't know if any one has told you but it takes forever for your blog to come up unless someone is patient i am sure they would just pass you up don't know what you can do about it but i am sure there is something

March 19, 2008 11:34 AM
Jason said...

Hey Matt,
Thanks for the kind words on my blog. Nice blog you've got here. As soon as I saw yours I figured you'd whup my ass in the battle. Pretty trees and nice layout beat angry political rants any day!

March 19, 2008 7:04 PM
Jason said...

PS. I definitely did not mean that as a back handed compliment, but rereading it I could see how my own self deprecating shtick might come off that way. I'll definitely give you more of a read when the opportunity arises, so keep on battling.

March 19, 2008 10:20 PM

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for commenting on this post! I appreciate my readers very much and value their feedback. Please leave your email address and URL so I can respond to you personally. Thanks and have an awesome day!

 
ss_blog_claim=ffdbcb688282b1bf14639c34170ec1fe