Almost Wordless Wednesday: The Seasons

Photobucket
Spring

Photobucket
Summer

Photobucket
Fall

Photobucket
Winter


Spring has come once again to the Nantahala Gorge in western North Carolina. The trees are green, the river is flowing high, wildflowers are blooming on the hills and along the roadside. The days are sunny and warm and the nights are clear and crisp.

I've decided I'm finally going to purchase a road bike that can also be used for light off-road biking. It's time to get serious about that extra layer of insulation around my belly, and time to really save some dollars at the pump. I figure my new bike will pay for itself by the end of the season when leaves fall and ice threatens to coat the road again. There's a season for everything: new life, growth, travel... and this spring and summer and fall, with gas prices heading towards the stratosphere, is the season of the bike.

Thanks for reading.

Technorati Tags:, , , , , ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

10 comments:

RoxiticusDH said...

Gorgeous photos...I love the redbud.

Roxy

April 29, 2008 11:46 PM
ctdweller said...

I could sense a hint of sadness in your post and I was almost brought to the place you were describing:-)

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

April 30, 2008 1:23 AM
Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos. I love the redbud in the first one. I remember seeing it in early April when I was down in Durham, NC last year for "Spring Break" and it is just popping up here in the Roxiticus Valley now.

Speaking of EntreCard, I wanted to make sure you had the chance to join the Red Hot Drops EntreCard Club (a joint venture of Mariuca and Lady Java)...please swing by my blog to learn more.

Roxy

April 30, 2008 7:24 AM
Anonymous said...

Very beautiful. Nice post.

April 30, 2008 8:00 AM
Anonymous said...

Naughty, naughty...I'm in my NYC office, supposed to be working on a new client engagement agreement or two, but I stopped by to vote for you in Battle of the Blogs.

Glad to see you've joined the Red Hot Drops!

Roxy

P.S. -- If you get this comment, it means that my Comcastic home Internet service is to blame for all the evils of the world, including the Case of the Disappearing Comments.

April 30, 2008 12:04 PM
Mariuca said...

Hola Matt! Thanks for joining the Red Hot Drops, your site has been approved, so happy you could join us! :)

Anyway, I can't decide between Spring and Winter, but they're all beautiful pics! :)

April 30, 2008 12:47 PM
Matthew S. Urdan said...

All,

Thank you very much for your gracious comments on the beauty of the photos.

Lotus Flower, I am touched by your words.

Rox, Redbud is breathtaking, especially on the Merced River in California outside Yosemite in the photo, and in the early morning here in NC backlit by the sun.

Mariuca, glad to be a part of the group. Fall is my favorite photo in the series...I love the blue hues of the rushing water with the fading solitary maple leaf.

Cheers all!

April 30, 2008 4:21 PM
Anonymous said...

Ooh - those are some breathtaking photos!!

May 01, 2008 2:51 AM
BillyWarhol said...

wow from Sweet Flickr PINK to glorious Sunlight!!

awesome Shots Dude!!

+ thx fer popping by iGOO MEGA!!

i think U are thee 1st Commenter!!

Cheers! Billy ;)) Peace*

May 01, 2008 3:49 AM
Anonymous said...

I have transfered music from itunes to my iphone but I cannot save it as ringtones.



________________
[url=http://unlockiphone22.com]unlock iphone[/url]

January 01, 2010 4:40 AM

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for commenting on this post! I appreciate my readers very much and value their feedback. Please leave your email address and URL so I can respond to you personally. Thanks and have an awesome day!

 
ss_blog_claim=ffdbcb688282b1bf14639c34170ec1fe