Desperate Blogging with Blog Traffic Sites

Photobucket

My dear friend Bree over at Roxiticus Desperate Housewives has tagged me with the "Complaint Meme." I really don't have anything to complain about because I'm such a happy and well-adjusted guy. However, as you learned earlier this week in my post on Edvard Munch's The Scream a good scream can be a cathartic cure of existential angst. But I digress.

I've belonged to several Blog Traffic Sites designed to increase traffic to bloggers. However, I have never seen so much complaining about a site as I have hear on EntreCard, and I've only been on EntreCard for a couple weeks. First there was the complaining about the change in the point system, and then there was the complaining about the placing of the EntreCard widget on the blog, and then there was complaining that while EntreCard does increase traffic to a site, it really doesn't generate that many regular readers as Desperate Bloggers just "Drop 'N Go."

My response, everyone, is please, just give it a rest. Seriously.

These Blog Traffic sites are FREE. These Blog Traffic Sites generate traffic. They are also fun. In the two weeks I've been a member of EntreCard, my Alexa Rank has gone up from 16 million to 3 million. Not that I care, I'm not blogging to make money. But EntreCard works. But do I really expect that all members who find my site are going to become regular readers? Well no!

The truth of the matter is, I drop n run. But while the site is loading and while I'm searching for an EntreCard, I come across some blogs over and over again. In just the few seconds it takes for me to scroll, I can read a headline. I can look at a graphic. If something attracts my attention, I'll stop and read. If it doesn't or if the site is not updated often, I just drop my card and move on. I think most people pretty much do the same. This doesn't mean a blog traffic site doesn't work, it means your content isn't as appealing to the entire blogosphere as you thought it was. So don't blame the Blog Traffic sites bringing traffic to your site.

Personally, in two weeks, I've found about 20 blogs I read regularly now and I've made some new friends and a couple of really good friends. This stuff takes time. It takes work, and you have to comment and build relationships with other bloggers. No blog traffic site is a miracle cure. If you want traffic, you have to take time to interact with other bloggers and build a critical mass. If you're willing to do that, that all these Blog Traffic Sites are 100% successful as the TOOLS they are intended to be.

Thanks for reading.

And now, to fulfil the Meme:


Complainer's Corner

  1. Compose a "Complaint (serious, funny, or even a blatantly obvious add for your own site.)
  2. Choose a graphic from HERE or HERE or use your own. (Any standard graphic format can be used, including a "gif".)
  3. You can either place your "Complaint" into a graphic using a graphics program of your choice, or place your "Complaint" as a caption to the graphic, your choice. BE CREATIVE! A graphic is requested but not mandatory. I will post just the "Complaint" if you wish.
  4. Send your "Complaint" to the following email address: Complain(at)ComplainComplainComplain(dot)com or Post your complaint on your site and email me the link.
    On emailed statements, please include:
    1. Your Complaint (unless it is embedded in the graphic)
    2. Creative title to your complaint
    3. Graphic (if you have one) as an attachment
    4. Your Site name (Anonymous will be be accepted)
    5. Your site's URL
    6. Country / State / City where you reside (just the country will be okay)
Your "Complaint" will have its own URL with a direct link back to your site, if you have one. It will be indexed on my sidebar by date, number, subject and your site name/your name/or Anonymous. Send in as many complaints as you'd like. If you choose to remain anonymous, no identifying information will EVER be disclosed to anyone.

You are encouraged to post the "Complaint" on your own site and please copy the following statement at the end of your post, if you would be so kind. This does come with a generous helping of "link-love," and tagging is completely optional.

*Start Copy*
In order to be able to achieve and maintain happiness we need to, actively, be able to do two things:
  1. Complain and then let go (Dump the baggage, the roadblocks to happiness.)
  2. Express Gratitude (The open expression of gratitude promotes happiness.)
After all everyone has something to be grateful for and/or something to complain about. If you would like to participate, please follow the appropriate link and do so: "Are You Grateful?", "Complain Complain Complain."

Contributors to
"Are You Grateful?" & "Complain Complain Complain.": 1-Attitude, the Ultimate Power 2-Max 3-DianaCA's Metamorphoses 4-Mental Poo 5-My Thoughts 6-Baba Doodlius 7-Wake Up America 8-Life is a Roller Coaster 9-Life is Beautiful 10-pinay mommy's love blog 11-My Happiness Haven 12-And Life Goes On for a Filipino Mom 13-Blessed Sanctuary 14-Expressions And Thoughts 15-Memories by Jenn 16-Reminiscence of My Adventures 17-In the Life of Mne 18-Juliana's Lair 19-Pinay Wahm 20-Lucid Creativity 21-Winged Words 22-Irresistible Fascinations 23-A Little Time 24-See Me For What You Will 25-Greatest Reviews 26-ETC ATBP 27-Gandacious 28-We Are Family 29-Journey to this thing called LIFE 30-www.rajeshrana.net 31-www.rajeshrana.com 32-BaReFooTeD Me 33-Uncomplicated 34-Points of View 35-Pride & Prejudice 36-Colorful World 37-Nora's Notes 38-A Daily Walk With Bill & Gina 39-Strange but True 40-Everything Under The Sun ( Beth Rebokon ) 41-Kaleidoscope 42-Fil-Oz Blog 43-By Osc@r Luiz 44-Comedy Plus 45-Blogging by Sandee 46-Soul Meets World 47-Mae's Memoirs 48-Beyond the Rave Reality 49-Amori, poesie, arte, chat by Hanna 50-Attached at the Hip 51-Carver's Sight or is that Site? 52-Empress Reviews 53-Simple Pleasures In My Heart 54-Lourdes' mia 55-A Grateful Heart 56-Majorsleepyhead 57-Scrappy n Happy in Ohio 58-CHOC MINT GIRL 59-Extraordinary Things 60-ZOOROPAZOO 61-BeNolSatuEm 62-As The World Turns 63-Your Caring Angels 64-Life Is Wonderful To Know Everyday 65-Sugar Magnolias 66-Little Peanut 67-Creative In Me 68-Me and Mine 69-Pea in a Pod 70-the diary of the Pink & Brown Wedding 71-good thoughts, good trades, good life 72-My Blog - all things me 73-Rainbows 74-Little Corner of Mine 75-Me, Myself and I 76-My Planet Purple 77-Amel's Realm 78-A Handful of Surprises 79-A Detour 80-Something Purple 81-Vanity Kit 82-Are You Grateful? 83-A Simple Life 84-BlogTips.Com 85-Balitang Kalye 86-Mariuca 87-Emila Yusof 88-A Total Blog 89-My Life in this Wonderful World 90-MommyAllehs 91-Things That Suck 92-A Mother's Stuff 93-Princess Vien 94-My Inner Thoughts Revealed 95-Roxiticus Desperate Housewives 96-Apples Of The Eyes 97-Nita's Random Thoughts 98-Nita's Corner 99-Thomas Digital Services 100-A Mother's Thoughts 101-YOU


Technorati Tags:, ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

11 comments:

DubLiMan said...

Your “Complaint” has been posted on the “Complaint Site.” The URL is < http://soyouwanttocomplain.blogspot.com/2008/04/37-desperate-blogging-with-blog-traffic.html >. Don't forget to come by and copy/paste the current list of participants back to your post. Doing this frequently insures maximum link benefit for everyone who participates. And by keeping your list current with mine you won't have to respond to individual participant requests to add them to your list. Staying current is optional and so is posting the list. However, if you do stay current, you will maximize the “link-love” for everyone who participates. My suggestion is to schedule a visit to < http://soyouwanttocomplain.blogspot.com/2007/11/complaint-process.html > once every couple of weeks and add the new participant links.

Thanks for participating. If possible, try to get others to participate; again, totally optional. Also, you can contribute as many “Statements of Gratitude” and/or “Complaints” as you wish.

April 25, 2008 9:36 AM
Shelia said...

Hey Matt,

My sentiments exactly on these traffic sites, especially on Entrecard.

As a matter of fact, I now visit Entrecard blogs and hardly spend any time advertising! That's been the biggest benefit in my opinion. I've truly come across some great blogs and met some great bloggers.

You'll get out of anything as much as you put in.

And as for traffic, a lot of people forget that you are going to have to somehow get your targeted audience to notice your blog, and even when you do, it needs to be good to hold them. There's no substitute for the work.

Have a wonderful weekend!

April 25, 2008 7:14 PM
Anonymous said...

I agree. I have been very happy with Entrecard. I almost always scan the blog at least, read quite a few of the posts, and try to comment on quite a few everyday. I for one am very happy with it. Even the new advertising system. I think it was a wise move.

April 26, 2008 12:26 AM
Mariuca said...

Hi Matt! I drop and run too but like you, have discovered several new friends with great blogs which have become my regular visit. I love EC! :)

PS. Vote vote vote, good luck! ;)

April 26, 2008 12:53 PM
Shirley said...

I'm not a "drop and run" person. I try to read at least one article on every blog. Sometimes I read the whole blog. Then again I have used these articles to better educate myself. Needless to say I am learning so much more than I ever did in any branch of schooling. Education means freedom...Keep up the good work, I will return to read more.

April 26, 2008 9:37 PM
Grandy said...

Here here on the Entrecard. Some people are seriously hard core about it, but it seems like they just want to click and go. They're not wanting to put work into it.

Hey...I found you through entrecard anyway. :)

April 27, 2008 12:17 AM
Anonymous said...

Good on ya, You got it right.
I will carry on doing what i do and that means buying a big ad or 2 everyday. Those big ads are important, They bring the newbies to my site which is where you generally make friends here on EC. I too have met many wonderful people here, Both men and women, and i wont quit just because some people cant stop complaining.

April 27, 2008 12:28 AM
RoxiticusDH said...

Good morning, Matt...I think EntreCard is BROKEN!! I have this picture of two girls on my widget intstead of your beautiful square, but it still links to you. Let's figure out how to get you your "money" back.

Also, I think I am under an invisibility spell...I have left 2 or 3 comments here over the past 72 hours and nothing shows up!

April 27, 2008 7:33 AM
Matthew S. Urdan said...

Sheila, Leisa, Mariuca, Shirley, Grandy, and Dave:

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my thoughts about EntreCard. It's always humbling when you put yourself out there, especially in such a huge public forum as EntreCard, and your blogging peers validate your thoughts and ideas. I can't thank you enough for your kind words.

It's always an honor to meet like-minded individuals, and truly, that's what the blogosphere and tools such as EntreCard help facilitate for those who are open to the possibilities. I've made quite a few friends blogging over the years, and I'm looking forward to reading your blogs and getting to know you better.

Again, thanks for stopping by, reading my words, and taking the time to comment.

Cheers!

April 27, 2008 11:06 AM
Jules said...

Hey Matt,

I'm a newbie blogger. I haven't read the complaints on EntreCard. I have however found many cool sites.

I don't expect a lot of folks stopping by my site because it's more of a family thing.

I found your site from Matt-Speak (my brother, hehe). There are many different ways to find interesting sites and EntreCard is just one of them.

I'm trying to think of a complaint to post! So many to pick from!!!
hahahha

Jewels

April 30, 2008 3:27 AM
Anonymous said...

I've found a number of very cool blogs as well, which is why I've decided to keep entrecard and ditch Blog spew or whatever its called and spotty or whatever that one was called. lol

Those haven't even brought any traffic and I have enough mess on my blog to sort out. lol

May 06, 2008 4:40 PM

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for commenting on this post! I appreciate my readers very much and value their feedback. Please leave your email address and URL so I can respond to you personally. Thanks and have an awesome day!

 
ss_blog_claim=ffdbcb688282b1bf14639c34170ec1fe