TAGGED: Ten Questions I Must Answer

Scott over at Perspectives of a Nomad just tagged me and I guess I made his list of the five people who must answer these ten questions. So here goes:

1. What were you doing 10 Years Ago?
Ten years ago I was working at the West Bloomfield Township Public Library in the Technical Services Department, waiting tables at BD's Mongolian Barbeque in Ann Arbor, and coaching High School Debate and Forensics.

2. 5 Years Ago?
I had just started a career in restaurant management, working for Ryan's Steakhouses in Anderson, Indiana.

3. 1 Year Ago?
I was working for Roadhouse Grill in Columbus, Ohio.

4. Name 5 Snacks You Enjoy:
Just five? OK, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop Tarts, Starbursts: Original flavors, Haagen Daaz Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream, LaChoy Shrimp Mini Egg Rolls.

5. 5 Songs I know by heart but wish I didn't.
Just five? OK, Numero Uno is "McCarthur Park," by Donna Summer. God damn it--can't someone bring that cake inside already? Why would anyone leave a cake out in the rain? Especially because it took so long to bake it...you would think that the person who baked the cake, who put so much time into it, would want to eat the cake, not leave it outside for God sakes, even if it was meant for a picnic dessert. Any why wouldn't they bring it inside if it were raining? Or at least cover it up? It just doesn't make any sense. And WHY OH WHY would the person who just BAKED the cake in the first place NEVER HAVE THE RECIPE AGAIN? Is it a Mission Impossible Cake? Does the recipe self-destruct upon use? Inquiring minds want to know! Or just don't care. The lyric is just that stupid.
2. "You Light Up My Life" by Debbie Boone. If you were alive in the 70s, you know that this song was so overplayed..."so many nights..." ARRRGGGHHHH!
3. "Sing" by The Carpenters. Just way too much sugar and sweetness, but that's what they taught us in 4th Grade Music Class.
4. "Top of the World" by The Carpenters. Same reason as #3. The Carpenters wrote much better music than #3 and #4.
5. "I'm Too Sexy" by Right Said Fred. Nuff Said.

6. 5 Things I would do with a lot of money.
1. Create a scholarship fund to allow participation in debate and other competitive communication activities for Middle Schools and High Schools.
2. Create a foundation that would fund whitewater rafting trips for underprivileged children in remote wilderness areas--such as the Tuolumne River in California or the Copper River in Alaska or the Chatooga River in Georgia/South Carolina or the Penobscot River in Maine.
3. Take care of my parents.
4. Build a Mountain Home and move to Wenatchee, Washington.
5. Go whitewater rafting 120 Days a year.

7. 5 Things I would never wear:
1. Pink, other than a pink support breast cancer tie.
2. A Beret.
3. Boots, other than hiking boots.
4. A sweater draped over my back.
5. A Bow tie, other than with a tuxedo.

8. 5 Things I should never have worn:
1. A skin tight Speedo low-rise swimsuit.
2. Bell bottoms.
3. Orange sweatsuit. (hey, it was the 70s.)
4. Cloth belts.
5. Cargo Pants.

9. 5 Things I enjoy doing:
1. Sex
2. Whitewater Rafting and Traveling
3. Going to the Theatre: Movies, Musicals, Plays
4. Dining Out
5. Spoiling friends and family.

10. 5 Bad Habits.
1. Fast food
2. Soft Drinks
3. Candy / eating too much sugar
4. Spending too much money
5. Staying up too late watching mindless drivel on television.

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Haagen Daaz! Mmmmmmm! I had to stop eating entire pints of chocolate chocolate chip every weekend or I would have been as big as a house!

Have a Happy BlankDay!

March 30, 2006 5:48 PM
Scottage said...

'Cause you, light up my life, you give me hope, to carry on, you darken my day, and fill my night....

March 31, 2006 12:59 AM

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for commenting on this post! I appreciate my readers very much and value their feedback. Please leave your email address and URL so I can respond to you personally. Thanks and have an awesome day!

 
ss_blog_claim=ffdbcb688282b1bf14639c34170ec1fe