Lost Paddle Carnage

This is an example of something going way wrong. Lost Paddle is the biggest and longest Class V Rapid on the Gauley River. Kids, don't try this at home, raft with a professional. Try North American River Runners or Class VI River Runners.



I'm out there today. I've never swam Lost Paddle--it's the one Class V on the Upper Gauley that I really do NOT want to swim. Knock on some wood for me.

Thanks for reading.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! That looks exciting and scary.

September 26, 2008 11:37 AM
Metz said...

that looks scary Matt, good luck and am knocking on a lot of wood for yah :) but am sure you'll have a hell of a time out there :)

September 26, 2008 11:25 PM
Jackie said...

Oh wow literally up the river without a paddle. I have only been whitewater rafting once.

And I got dumped. But, I hung onto my paddle for dear life. But, alas, I still had to jump back in and float down the rapids to get back to our canoe.

Thank goodness the river was not too bad!!

Hope you made it!!

http://shinade.blogspot.com

September 27, 2008 6:29 PM
tashabud said...

Has anyone died on this particular event? When the raft tipped over, did all the occupants able to get out from underneath? I'm afraid that somebody got trapped and drowned. I don't think I'd like to go on a whitewater rafting if it looks this dangerous.

September 29, 2008 9:54 AM

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for commenting on this post! I appreciate my readers very much and value their feedback. Please leave your email address and URL so I can respond to you personally. Thanks and have an awesome day!

 
ss_blog_claim=ffdbcb688282b1bf14639c34170ec1fe