Sidewalk Art: Part II

Thank you everyone who replied to my first post with the picture of the Batman and Robin sidework art. Because so many of you really enjoyed seeing that, and some of you said you had never seen this art before, I'm posting two more pictures from Julian Beever's work.

The first pic is of the world, drawn on sidework as it would appear in the illusion, the second pic is the same pic as it would appear if you were viewing it from the side. In the second pic, you can really see the mastery of the work in making it appear as an illusion.

I hope you enjoy these pics. For those of you who would like to see more pics of Julian Beever's sidework art, drop me a comment with your email address, or email me directly, and I'll forward a whole slew of these pics to you.

PICTURE 1: The World as seen when looking at it from the perspective of the illusion.

Image hosting by Photobucket

PICTURE 2: The World as seen when looking at it from the side, showing how the drawing really appears in 2 dimensions.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Pretty cool, huh?

Thanks for reading.

, , ,

10 comments:

New York City's Watchdog said...

Love the pics... but I think this last one threw your template out of wack... it looks like the Blog part starts at the end of the sidebar... it looked fine the other night.

April 04, 2006 10:39 PM
New York City's Watchdog said...

I'm at 1078 too... but I don't think your table grows like that... I THINK, and I stress THINK, your main body image can be now wider than 600px... not sure how Stephanie coded it... but a quick glance says the main width is 760... so I would try around 600... but to be honest that may not be the problem... I'm using the AOL Browser... which is IE (I know, evil empire) based... so maybe Firefox is different.

April 04, 2006 10:50 PM
New York City's Watchdog said...

Looks Great!!!

April 04, 2006 11:03 PM
Mr. Guesa said...

Glad to see you're beating up on someone else!

Haha

April 04, 2006 11:16 PM
Mr. Guesa said...

I'm just joking around dude. Battles anytime, I'm up for them!

Not that I'll win, I don't mind that stuff at all. I just hope that people will actually read the blog (most who use blog explosion just click through every battle and don't really care) so I'm hoping to meet a few people with similiar writing styles and who like dumb penis jokes, which happen to be my specialty.

Take care, good luck in the battle.

April 04, 2006 11:24 PM
Appellant said...

thanks for dropping by. i'll think about your suggestion. and best luck to you too.

April 05, 2006 2:08 AM
Anonymous said...

Yes, I loved the pic also.

April 05, 2006 1:10 PM
Mr. Guesa said...

You can thank me later for voting for you again! Ha!

April 05, 2006 6:56 PM
Anonymous said...

great pics, thank you!

April 05, 2006 10:47 PM
Mr. Guesa said...

I had to take the battle...it was just sitting there for too long and I know nobody would have taken mine if I posted a 100 point battle...you'll win, so no worries.

April 05, 2006 11:17 PM

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for commenting on this post! I appreciate my readers very much and value their feedback. Please leave your email address and URL so I can respond to you personally. Thanks and have an awesome day!

 
ss_blog_claim=ffdbcb688282b1bf14639c34170ec1fe