Happy Sun-Day

Image hosting by Photobucket
Image of the Midnight Sun on the Arctic Circle in Norway


Just a little gratuitous sun shot on Sunday. I think the picture is inspirational and representative of humanity. Even on the northernmost shores of the planet, we will follow the sun with an adventurous spirit to take in spectacular sights for ourselves. I don't really want to get too deep on this day of rest, but I just love this photograph and still enjoy looking at it more than twenty years after I first found it.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch: The Where's Matt Contest is nearing conclusion. So far, it has really boosted traffic to the participating sites because everyone is actively playing along and visiting each other's blogs--often for the first time discovering the writing of bloggers they have not visited before. Interactivity is what the blogosphere is best at, and I'm gratified that the participants are enjoying the game, having fun, and learning about blogs and writers they might not have visited otherwise.

Have a great day everyone, and thanks for reading.

5 comments:

Mr. Guesa said...

That's a nice picture. Gotta love the sunsets

April 23, 2006 3:08 PM
Anonymous said...

Great Photo! I clicked the link though and unless you are a member of photobucket you can't see a bigger version. :(

Have you seen Matt? I'm working my way down the list and so far the most recent clue that I can find was posted at 9:32 pm yesterday ... I need one more clue!

And yes I'm having fun. :)

April 23, 2006 3:17 PM
Michele said...

Nice warm fuzzy picture,aside from that where in the hell are you?
I've hit you with my best shots but have come up short. I need those credits like i need oh nevermind hey i need'em.still playing the game.

April 23, 2006 10:45 PM
Lana said...

Matt I got your comment.
For one thing I do not leave anonymous comments.
I have never and will never.
I'm sorry if you think it was me but what ever comment you are tlking about it wasn't me.
Sorry.

April 23, 2006 10:57 PM
New York City's Watchdog said...

Love this pic...

April 24, 2006 1:15 PM

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for commenting on this post! I appreciate my readers very much and value their feedback. Please leave your email address and URL so I can respond to you personally. Thanks and have an awesome day!

 
ss_blog_claim=ffdbcb688282b1bf14639c34170ec1fe