"The Shuttered Eye" and "The Dramedy of Life"

This week I have selected two new blogs as MTMD Blog of Excellence Winners.

The first one is The Shuttered Eye.

The Shuttered Eye

In my opinion, this is the best photoblog on the web. Not only is the photography consistently spectacular and each piece is truly a work of art such as the photo of a Washington D.C. Fire Department Door below that is published here with permission; but each photograph speaks to the soul and captures an emotion. Unlike other photoblogs that are out there that contain spectacular photography of nature or city images or a farm animal or a sunset; The Shuttered Eye photographs really freeze time and capture moments that evoke an emotional response. To do so is high art. To do so consistently is why I have recognized "The Shuttered Eye."

DCFD Red Door

The second blog that I have recognized this week is The Dramedy of Life.

The Dramedy of Life

The first thing I can say about Shelly is that she must really have long legs since in her "About Me" section of her blog she says that she straddles Virginia and West Virginia. But all kidding aside, The Dramedy of Life is a pure joy to read and certainly one of the most positive blogs out there. Shelly keeps the tone light. Her content is varied and interesting...one night she talks about the latest Grey's Anatomy episode, the next she discusses what Easter has meant to her growing up and now as an adult. Shelly puts it all out there, staying true and focused with every post perfectly illustrating the Dramedy that is life. And that mix: not too heavy, not too light, but jusssst right is why Shelly has attracted so many faithful readers.

In addition to her awesome writing ability, Shelly's blog, in many ways, has the same feel of "Cheers" or your local watering hole. Shelly's Blog Roll is long, as she interacts with many other bloggers who contribute a fair number of comments to her posts. Her blog design is unique and makes a statement as well. Hers is one of the few blogs that actually pulls off purple and makes it work for her.

With The Dramedy of Life, Shelly has created more than a blog. Shelly has created a community of friends. That is what has made her blog special, and that is why I have recognized The Dramedy of Life as an MTMD Blog of Excellence.

Thanks for reading.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Thank you very much for your kind words! I only hope to aspire the the excellence you've seen in my work!!

April 15, 2006 1:00 PM
Michele said...

Matt ,i had the chalice all along?
I've got to stop drinking,i didn't know i had it.Just this morning i guessed it was perspectives of a
nomad!

April 15, 2006 3:03 PM
Shelly said...

Matt, you have totally made my weekend and probably my whole month! First your wonderful write-up and then winner of the Quest. I just can't say thank you enough!! **Hugs** And I just love The Shuttered Eye blog too and I'm honored to be listed with him!

April 15, 2006 3:30 PM
Anonymous said...

Two wonderful choices. I enjoy both sites.

I'm here to tag you! If you do tags please go to my site and see the rules.

Oh, you bid on Odd Planet again? If you really want to extend your stay I'll let you. Let me know. :)

April 15, 2006 11:00 PM
Shelly said...

Matt, I've tagged you! Go check out the deets at my place.

April 16, 2006 11:14 AM

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for commenting on this post! I appreciate my readers very much and value their feedback. Please leave your email address and URL so I can respond to you personally. Thanks and have an awesome day!

 
ss_blog_claim=ffdbcb688282b1bf14639c34170ec1fe