7 Songs Meme

So...I finally got around to fulfilling Roxy's tag from Roxiticus Desperate Housewives to list the 7 Songs I've been listening to recently. The following seven songs have become my personal classics, and I listen to them often.

KNOWING ME, KNOWING YOU by ABBA
John Lennon once referred to Knowing Me, Knowing You as "the greatest pop song ever written." Who am I to disagree?



SISTERS OF THE MOON (LIVE) by FLEETWOOD MAC
From the album Tusk, this is a Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks song that I started to appreciate only a couple years ago. It has since become a staple in every CD mix I burn.



THE POWER OF GOODBYE by MADONNA
From Ray of Light, the multi-Grammy winner, to me this has always been the stand-out track with Madonna's voice at its finest immediately following her vocal training for the movie Evita.



NOVEMBER by EMERSON DRIVE
Clear, strong vocals, unexpected hooks, and lyrics that tap into memories and regrets of a love lost.



TAKING CHANCES by CELINE DION
Celine Dion is one of my favorite vocalists. Many of her songs have a distinctive quality that almost sounds timeless yet flawed at the same time and remain interchangeable nevertheless. Taking Chances is the latest of these songs that, while mostly pure ear candy, are uplifting, hopeful and feel-good all the same.



AWAKE by JOSH GROBAN
Pure, original, beautiful and made for all those in love.



INTO THE WEST by HOWARD SHORE AND ANNIE LENNOX
The Oscar winning instant classic from The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, Into The West is one of those songs that resonates and stays with you for a very, very long time.



Thanks for reading.

P.S. It's coming in just four days! I'm excited. Are you?

Technorati Tags:, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great lists. I like Taking Chances. Have you seen the Divas Las Vegas Live? It's a good concert with Celine Dion, Cher, Shakira...

June 16, 2008 7:34 AM
Henson Ray said...

Loved your P.S. You're so funny...just wait till you see what I have up my sleeve to help you celebrate...

June 16, 2008 3:20 PM
Anonymous said...

Impressive! A video for every tune, and a chicken in every pot.

I can't believe you're so excited about our Roxiticus Sunset Party on Friday...then again, I think Henson may be running the barbecue.

Roxy

June 16, 2008 9:50 PM
VH said...

Love the Abba and Fleetwood video's...they bring back memories.

June 16, 2008 10:35 PM
LadyJava said...

I love the first song Matt and the rest on the list is great too.. Still have to put mine up...

June 17, 2008 12:47 AM
Jules said...

I loved the Madonna and the Fleetwood Mac. Both were new to me. They were all great. You have excellent taste in music!

June 17, 2008 7:04 AM
tashabud said...

I like ABBA, Emerson Drive, Josh Groban, Howard Shore and Annie Lennox. I like the lyrics of the other ones also, but not too crazy about the melody. Anyway, as usual, you put your list in an elaborate way. I wish I know how to use U-tube in my blog. I'd like to add some bells and whistles, too, but so ignorant about them. Oh, well.

June 17, 2008 3:23 PM

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for commenting on this post! I appreciate my readers very much and value their feedback. Please leave your email address and URL so I can respond to you personally. Thanks and have an awesome day!

 
ss_blog_claim=ffdbcb688282b1bf14639c34170ec1fe