Triple Overtime Thriller

What a game last night! After almost 6 full hockey periods, or two games worth, the Pittsburgh Penguins scored a sudden death triple overtime goal to win Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs 4-3.

By every statistical way you measure a hockey game, it was a dominating game by the Red Wings, but when you make the awkward mistake of shooting the puck into your own goal and giving the opposing team a 2-0 lead to start the game, sometimes mistakes like that are hard to overcome.

Detroit helped Pittsburgh last night. The Red Wings won't be helping the Penguins Wednesday night in Pittsburgh.

I don't know about you, but I'm going back to bed.

Thanks for reading.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep - what a game. I'm actually cheering for Pittsburgh, even though I can see that Detroit is actually the better team. As a Leafs fan, I have the luxury of cheering for whomever I want in the playoffs. At this point - I just want a game 7! Cheers!

June 03, 2008 9:54 AM
Professor Booty said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
June 04, 2008 6:31 AM

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for commenting on this post! I appreciate my readers very much and value their feedback. Please leave your email address and URL so I can respond to you personally. Thanks and have an awesome day!

 
ss_blog_claim=ffdbcb688282b1bf14639c34170ec1fe