The Legend of Mr. Linky

As some of you may have noticed, I just created a Friday Meme: Dedicated To The One I Love...or hate...or admire...or...or...whatever! In any case, in searching for the code to make it work, I finally was referred to Mr. Linky. But alas, Mr. Linky's code did not work on my Black Template of Death. So I beseeched Mr. Linky to alter his code for me so that it would display nice and pretty on Stephanie Davies' creation. And lo and behold, he did! There IS a God, and his name is Linky.

In return I promised Mr. Linky I would put his button on my sidebar, write a post advertising his site and services, and send him money. I'm kind of broke right now and Mr. Linky doesn't work for Blog Explosion credits, so he's been kind enough to wait for the cash while collecting interest. Lots of interest. Mafia kind of interest. No, I'm just kidding!

In any case, Mr. Linky has all kinds of levels of membership, and with each one comes additional linky functionality. I recommend you check out his site and see how you can utilize linkys in your blogs, and in the meantime, read Mr. Linky's own account of his origin below!

I was a quiet child. I always did well in school. What? Not that beginning?

Well, OK. Mister Linky was born out of my overwhelming laziness. Yes, it's true! I would go visiting around to other Thursday Thirteeners and they'd come back and visit me and they'd want to get linked up. That's how it works, after all! And I would dutifully spend an hour or more -- oh yes, no kidding! -- clicking through Blogger profiles and finding the links and editing my HTML... that is, if Blogger was even speaking to me!

Feh, enough. Well what if there was a way to add everybody's links automatically? Well necessity met invention and the rest is history.

And so I started using it myself and I think it was KDubs who first asked if she could use it, and then a bunch of other people joined in and then it just started spreading on its own. Made it a little difficult to make sure people were getting the code right, but it all seems to be working so far.

And here we are. I want to thank everyone who has made a donation. It really does help to make sure there is plenty of bandwidth to go around, that the lights keep shining on the database, and that the code keeps rolling along. Thank you!


Thanks for reading.

1 comments:

Michele said...

I've had the problem with
the word verification not
showing up too.I will check
out this mr.linky.

May 14, 2006 11:56 AM

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for commenting on this post! I appreciate my readers very much and value their feedback. Please leave your email address and URL so I can respond to you personally. Thanks and have an awesome day!

 
ss_blog_claim=ffdbcb688282b1bf14639c34170ec1fe