Top WordPress Templates

As most of my regular readers are aware, I recently updated my template. I was lucky, I found an exceptional designer in Zoe at Chic & Sassy Designs who was more than able and willing to help me with the look of my blog. And while I decided to stay with Blogger for a wide variety of reasons, I had to give WordPress a very good look. More and more bloggers are using WordPress and more and more are urging me to switch to WordPress because of the features and advantages the platform offers over Blogger.

I'm not ready to make the switch yet, but I'm about to launch a new blog, a Michigan Photos Blog, and I've pretty much decided to use WordPress as my platform. This will really allow me to get to know WordPress and its features and provide a really good basis for me to decide which platform to base my blogging on after I bite the bullet and get my own domain.

But until then, I wanted to share with you some of these top wordpress templates that I've discovered.

What's really cool about these wordpress templates is not only that they're free, but that I've actually seen some of them on EntreCard. The Rainbow Garden Theme is one that I've actually seen while dropping cards, and it is well-designed and functional. Plus it loads fast and is widget-ready. To me, this sells the rest of the themes on the site in that I know they will work well in the real world.

If you're looking for a good theme to get started with WordPress, I think this is the place to go. But if you're looking for a custom theme for those that are already experts at designing for WordPress, the designers of these free themes are listed so that you can contact them directly to get a theme more personalized for you--and that's the option that's most appealing to me.

So check it out! Other EntreCard users have already found this site to be useful, and it looks like this should be your first stop if you're looking for a new WordPress theme.

Thanks for reading.

4 comments:

LadyJava said...

Hiya Matt!
I've always wordpress template. They are so professional but now more and more designers are coming up with some spectacular templates for blogspot as well...

I, too, would love to switch to wordpress one day but for now am very comfortable with blogspot and will stick around for while. Good luck with your new blog and look forward to it's launch!

Have a great Wednesday!!!

June 18, 2008 3:13 AM
Mariuca said...

Oh me too Matt! I don't know when or if I'll ever be ready to make that switch! I'm so used to blogspot although I'm actually very keen to switch to WP. Good luck! :)

June 18, 2008 3:13 AM
LadyJava said...

oppss.. missed out the word "love" on the first sentence!!

June 18, 2008 3:14 AM
Anonymous said...

I love looking at Wordpress themes. Some would say I'm a bit OCD about my own theme, but that's only because I find so may aweosme ones out there!

June 19, 2008 3:19 PM

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for commenting on this post! I appreciate my readers very much and value their feedback. Please leave your email address and URL so I can respond to you personally. Thanks and have an awesome day!

 
ss_blog_claim=ffdbcb688282b1bf14639c34170ec1fe